The Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research, Kolkata (IISER-K) is one of the first autonomous institutes along with IISER-Pune established in 2006 for higher education and excellence in basic sciences research by the MHRD, India.
One of the major objectives has been to integrate quality teaching with curiosity needed for state-of-the-art research. Teaching and research have both been very important components in the growth of IISERs. Since then, IISER-K has completed more than ten years of its existence and has established excellence in science in form of teaching, publications, both in terms of quality and quantity which means that more than ten batches of IISER-K students have made their way into the world and are not spread far and wide in some of the top international research institutes and companies. Alumni of IISER-K, from the BS-MS stream, PhD stream, MS-PhD stream as well as others have added some extraordinary achievements to their cap and are proud to call IISER-K their Alma Mater which IISER-K takes pride in their interdisciplinary and initiative.
The IISER-K Alumni Association which was established in December 2016 is relatively young but a very vibrant and active community wishing to establish a dynamic and mutually profitable relationship with IISER-K in order to continue the unique culture which has painstakingly been built over the years.
Sign up and:
- Connect: Find and contact classmates and other alumni, stay updated on campus and alumni news.
- Reminisce: Add and browse through photos, share your campus stories.
- Celebrate: Keep track of and attend alumni reunions and meets.
- Recruit: Post jobs and internships for fellow alumni and current students.
- Support: Contribute to any of IISER-K's initiatives, support projects on campus.
- Interact: Interact and mentor current students in any areas they might need guidance.